Most small businesses share the cost of the insurance with their employees and deduct the employees cost from their pay. There are several ways you can go about purchasing health insurance:
- Buy directly from the health insurance company
- Use an insurance broker who can help you compare plans
- Use health insurance offered by your payroll company
Advantages of using a broker:
- Insurance brokers have access to a variety of different health care companies and helps you go through various plans
- Insurance brokers help you choose a plan that’s right for you
- Using an insurance broker is free, since they get a commission from insurance companies
- An insurance broker can help you determine whether you are eligible for insurance subsidies through the healthcare exchange or better coverage at better rates by buying off the exchange.
- An insurance broker can serve as your advocate and advisor in dealing with the insurance company
- Brokers, being far better equipped to deal with specific insurance questions and used to a human discussion, gave people a stronger feeling that they were in safe hands. The process of securing personal data was much the same as with direct, but the trust conveyed by brokers was better.
Since health insurance is required of everyone, you might as well take advantage of what it can offer you and your family.
Contact your Cosmo Insurance Agency to learn more about available plans and which of your trusted doctors are already in-network.
Protect the health of your loved ones. Call Cosmo Insurance Agency at (732) 363-3888 for more information on New Jersey health insurance.