Securing your future with comprehensive coverage

Find the best plan for you with the #1 health insurance agency in New Jersey
Click Here

group of four talking

Your Chances of Having to Purchase Disability Insurance

It’s easy to think, “Disability won’t happen to me.” You may consider yourself young, healthy and at the top of your game.

While no one chooses disability, the facts speak to disability affecting even the most unlikely candidates. Consider these statistics:

More than one in four of today’s 20-year-olds will become disabled before they reach age 67. (Source: U.S. Social Security Administration, 2015)

Illnesses – not accidents – are the cause of 90 percent of disabilities. (Source: Council for Disability Awareness, 2014)

An estimated 57 percent of American workers said they only have enough money to cover their bills for six months or less. (Source: Council for Disability Awareness, 2014 Disability Awareness Study)

Just 26 percent of American consumers report having disability insurance, leaving the other 74 percent without it. (Source: Life Happens and LIMRA, 2015 Insurance Barometer Study)

Seven seconds – the amount of time that passes between incidents of working-age Americans suffering a disabling injury or illness that will last for at least one month. (Source: Council for Disability Awareness, 2013)

One in eight workers will be disabled for five years or more during their working careers. (Source: Council for Disability Awareness, 2013)

The average disability payment from the government is less than $1,200. (Source: U.S. Social Security Administration, October 2014)
One day it’s there, the next day it’s not.
We often take our income for granted, even in the most secure of jobs. However, no one’s income is guaranteed. If you suffered a serious illness or injury that prevented you from working, your employment income would stop. How would you live without a paycheck for weeks, months, or even years?

Life doesn’t stop at disability. Your basic needs continue – food, clothing, shelter – even after your ability to meet them is cut off. A long-term disability can be financially devastating when no money is coming in and expenses for medical care are rising. Your ability to earn an income is a valuable asset that can, and should, be well-protected.

Is anything protecting your income?
Your income can be substantial over your working lifetime. But to earn it, you must be able to work.

You can’t predict whether or when disability will strike. However, you can prepare in case it does, with a customized disability income insurance plan. This protection can replace a portion of your income to help you maintain your current lifestyle if you suffer a disability covered by the policy.

You’ve spent a lifetime of energy and resources to launch a successful career or business. Don’t let it go to waste!

If you become disabled, God forbid, standard-unemployment benefits will likely not provide what it takes to replace your income. Disability insurance gives you the ultimate safeguard. Cosmo Insurance Agency in New Jersey will shop for the ideal plan, from the superior carrier, based on your individual situation.

Short term disability insurance provides you with most of your previous income level for up to two years. Long term disability insurance provides this coverage for several years, up to retirement, depending on the plan you choose.

Learn about the wide array of protections you available through various disability insurance plans, including guaranteed renewal, cost of living increases, terminating premium payments after becoming disabled, and more.