It is National Bean Day! Celebrate by making this nutritious and fresh salad that chock full of vitamins and minerals. Its nutrient dense, satisfying, delicious, and healthy.
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the cannellini beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, celery, onion, parsley, and rosemary.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Serve at room temperature.
This salad is heart healthy and perfect for a balanced diet. It is important to eat health nutrient dense foods to provide your body with fuel.