Even after a full night of sleep, do you still wake up extremely exhausted? You’re not the only one, this happens to all of us at some point. Here are 6 reasons why you are waking up tired after a full night of sleep:
1. Going to bed at the wrong time (for you): We all have a specific chronotype (Early Bird, Night Owl etc), and if you wake up, at a time that is not consistent with your chronotype, it can make mornings miserable. For example, if you are a Night owl and you are waking up at 6 am, even if you went to bed at 10 (giving you 8 hours to sleep), you will still feel terrible, because your brain still wants to produce Melatonin, while you are trying to wake up.
2. Stay in bed too long: Many people hit the snooze button about 4-10 times while trying to get up in the am. This is a terrible idea and here is why: the average snooze button is about 7-9 minutes long, this does not give your brain the time it needs to get back into a deeper more refreshing stage of sleep. So, during the last 30-60 min of shuteye you are actually getting broken, fragmented sleep.
3. Bedroom environment is disturbing your sleep: There are many different things that can be impacting your sleep in your bedroom. If you want to do just one thing, research suggest limiting blue light exposure at night. Blue light will keep Melatonin from being produced, which is critical for good rest.
4. You ate or drank something that is reducing your sleep quality: The two biggest issues are alcohol and caffeine. While alcohol may make you feel sleepy, it actually keeps you out of the deep stages of sleep, which makes you feel awful in the morning. Caffeine does that same thing, this stimulant keeps your brain out of the deeper stages of sleep, which also makes sleep unrefreshing.
5. Sleep disorder: While the symptoms may be mild, there are many sleep disorders that can affect sleep quality. A typical one is sleep apnea, but others include Narcolepsy, Insomnia, and Restless Legs Syndrome. You should see a doctor to figure out what’s going on.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
CONTACT COSMO NOW
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
GET A DENTAL INSURANCE QUOTE