1. Keep the 2018 enrollment dates in mind: November 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017.
2. Note major life events like getting married, having a baby or moving. When these things happen, you have 60 days to change your health insurance plan or sign up for a new one.
3. Compare plans based on your family’s medical needs for the coming year.
In choosing a plan, think about things like:
- Does someone in your family need prescribed drugs often?
- Is anyone in your family thinking of having surgery next year?
- Do you expect to have many doctor visits next year?
- Are your doctors in the plan’s network?
- Does your family need dental insurance?
- Are you looking for a plan that offers a tax advantaged health savings account?
4, In choosing a deductible, think about things like:
- Is your family healthy most of the time? Do you believe that you won’t need costly medical services during the year? Then, a plan with a higher deductible and lower premium may be a good choice for you.
- Do you anticipate a lot of medical expenses for your family during the year? Or do you have an active family with children who play sports? Then, a plan with a lower deductible and higher premium may be a good choice for you.
5. Have each family member’s social security number and birth date handy.
6. Have a check, bank account or credit card ready to make the first payment. Decide on the way you’ll make ongoing payments.
Follow these tips and contact Cosmo Insurance Agency and your open enrollment process will be smooth sailing!
Choose the right doctor for you
Get your health insurance quote today