Introduction: Ensuring compliance with Federal immigration laws is of utmost importance for employers. Form I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification is a critical document used to verify an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States. However, with new changes on the horizon and the deadline for virtual inspections approaching, organizations must stay up-to-date to avoid costly fines and violations. In this blog, we will delve into the intricacies of I-9 audits, discuss the upcoming changes to the form, and explore best practices for maintaining compliance.
- New Form I-9 in Development for 2023! The Form I-9 is set to undergo changes in the upcoming months of 2023. Understanding these changes in advance will prepare employers for seamless implementation.
- Deadline for Virtual Inspections – What’s Next? As the ability to virtually review I-9 supporting documentation ends on July 31st, employers need to be aware of the next steps to take. We will discuss the post-deadline processes to ensure compliance continuity.
- Understanding Form I-9 and Compliance Obligations Employers will gain comprehensive insights into the significance of Form I-9 and the legal requirements imposed for its proper completion and retention.
- I-9 Documentation for Remote Workers In today’s remote work landscape, employers face unique challenges when verifying I-9 documentation. We will explore best practices for managing remote worker compliance efficiently.
- Exceptions and Special Scenarios Navigating the complexities of Form I-9 compliance requires an understanding of exceptional scenarios. We will cover exceptions for completing and retaining I-9 forms to equip employers with comprehensive knowledge.
- Employer and Employee Responsibilities Clear guidance on the responsibilities of both employers and employees during the I-9 completion process will be provided, ensuring that all parties remain informed and compliant.
- Correcting Errors and Omissions The blog will also delve into procedures for correcting errors and omissions in Form I-9, enabling employers to rectify mistakes promptly and avoid potential penalties.
Conclusion: Complying with Form I-9 regulations is vital for every employer, as non-compliance can result in severe consequences. By staying informed about the anticipated changes and adhering to best practices, HR professionals and business owners can ensure seamless immigration compliance in 2023 and beyond. Stay ahead in navigating the ever-changing landscape of I-9 audits and immigration compliance to protect your organization and employees.
Schedule time on our CEO Mark Herschlag’s calendar to discuss insurance, employee benefits, compliance, and more HERE!