Congratulations! Getting married is an exciting time with lots of changes and so much to focus on. But don’t forget to look at your health and life insurance options! We at Cosmo Insurance Agency is here to make it a smooth and straightforward transition.
Getting married is a qualifying event. That means you and your spouse have a Special Enrollment period for 60 days from your wedding day to enroll in a new health insurance plan. After that, you’ll have to wait until open enrollment.
Options to consider when enrolling.
1. Add your spouse to your company’s group health plan. Ask your HR department what the cost is for employee and spouse. You will want to calculate the costs to determine if this is a good option for your needs.
2. Look for a new plan together. There are many plans available both on and off the marketplace. Explore different insurance plans.
3. Get separate plans. We know, you just tied the knot but just because you’re married doesn’t mean you have to have the same insurance plan. It may be more affordable to be separately insured or find plans that are more tailored to the medical coverage they need.
Protect your family now and reap the rewards later!
Why is it important?
– Financially protects your family, in case of unforeseen circumstances.
– Repayment of loans.
– Investment for retirement, children, etc.
Different Plan Options
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
– Permanent Life Insurance
– Universal Life Insurance
Getting life insurance while your young and healthy results in lower-cost premiums.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency based in Hackensack (Bergen County) and Lakewood (Ocean County), New Jersey that offers an all-encompassing range of insurance options for both individuals and businesses. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating our knowledge of the insurance guidelines for healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance, self-insurance, dental, disability, and long term care insurance, we keep our clients up-to-date with affordable plans that cover all their specific insurance needs.