You need to send three forms you need to show of documentation that you moved during special enrollment period. You need proof of where you lived before, where you live now, and that you had health insurance coverage before your move (within the last 60 days). You must send these documents for each individual who moved unless they are a minor or dependent.
Providing proof of address examples:
- Lease or rental agreement
- Homeowner or rental insurance documents
- Mortgage deed, if it states that the owner uses the property as the primary residence.
- Driver’s license, state ID, or change of address card
- Official school documents, school enrollment, ID cards, or report cards
- Internet, cable, or other utility bills
- Phone bill showing your address
- Statement from bank or financial institution
- U.S. Postal Service change of address confirmation letter
- Pay stub
- Letter employer that you’ve relocated for work
- And much more
Providing proof that you have health insurance coverage:
- Request a Certificate Of Creditable Coverage or “CCC” from your current insurance company
- Your current ID card – usually has to have dates on it
- A letter from your insurance company or billing statement
- An explanation of benefits
It’s important to note that the Marketplace has different rules for what they accept, versus an off-exchange application which may have different rules.
Suppose you don’t have documents to prove you’re eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. In that case, you may send a letter of explanation with the date of your move, your old and new address (or where you’re staying), and the reason you can’t provide documents. The Marketplace will take your letter into consideration.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency based in Hackensack (Bergen County) and Lakewood (Ocean County), New Jersey that offers an all-encompassing range of insurance options for both individuals and businesses. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating our knowledge of the insurance guidelines for healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance, self-insurance, dental, disability, and long term care insurance, we keep our clients up-to-date with affordable plans that cover all their specific insurance needs.