Vision insurance plans have different levels of coverage, standard, basic, enhanced, and advanced. They will differ in the premium amount that will reflect the type or amount of coverage available with the plan. As a rule, vision insurance has some level of coverage for the following:
- Eye exam: Entitled to one vision exam per year. You will pay a copay of $10-$20 for most insurers
- Eyeglass frames: Depending on the coverage level, you can receive a $130 allowance up to $150. This benefit is also once per year.
- Eyeglass lenses: Most are around the $20-$30 amount, also per year.
- Contact lenses: Is either a copay or an allowance.
- LASIK surgery: Most insurers offer a discount on a type of vision corrective surgery. The discount amount varies from company to company but is generally about $500.
Other enhancements are offered at a discounted rate. These can include:
- Scratch-resistant coating
- Anti-glare coating
- Polycarbonate lenses for stronger, thinner lenses
- Transition lenses, which turn into sunglasses when exposed to daylight
- Progressive lenses, which are no line bifocals
Cosmo Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency based in Hackensack (Bergen County) and Lakewood (Ocean County), New Jersey that offers an all-encompassing range of insurance options for both individuals and businesses. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating our knowledge of the insurance guidelines for healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance, self-insurance, dental, disability, and long term care insurance, we keep our clients up-to-date with affordable plans that cover all their specific insurance needs.