Don’t forget your mammogram! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Mammograms help physicians detect early signs of cancer. Getting regular mammograms can help you have a healthier life. If you’re preparing for a mammogram, keep the following in mind.
- Mammograms are recommended based on women’s age and risk, usually between 40 and 74. However, it’s important to discuss your risk and possible testing schedule with your doctor annually.
- It’s common to feel some discomfort during a mammogram because of the pressure the two plates cause by pressing on your breasts. An entire mammogram takes just a few minutes to complete.
- Once the mammogram is done, the radiologist will examine the images to determine whether they’re usable or if you need to have X‐rays retaken.
- The results from your mammogram may be ready after a few days, but you might be contacted earlier if there’s an issue with the clarity of your X‐ray results.
- You may need to go for a second mammogram to confirm the results of the first mammogram. It’s best to go for regular mammograms to make it easier to compare your results over time.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency based in Hackensack (Bergen County) and Lakewood (Ocean County), New Jersey that offers an all-encompassing range of insurance options for both individuals and businesses. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating our knowledge of the insurance guidelines for healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance, self-insurance, dental, disability, and long term care insurance, we keep our clients up-to-date with affordable plans that cover all their specific insurance needs.