Many businesses with an Employee Assistance Program, also known as EAP providers, may not realize all the resources they can access through such programs.
An EAP offers a span of services to help employees and their families live their best lives, typically including 24-7 phone consultations with licensed mental health professionals and referrals to supportive resources.
“There’s a whole variety of life assistance available,” says Dr. Steven E. Pratt, senior medical director for Magellan and its overall individual member base of 13.8 million. “We have a vast array of those kinds of services, such as finding childcare.”
How an EAP can help your employees and the overall health of your business:
- EAP phone coaches offer sessions with employees to help them identify and practice coping skills to manage stress and improve their mental health. It’s the first step, and there’s been a dramatic increase in the use of phone coaching throughout the pandemic.
- A variety of substance use concerns can be treated with EAP services.
- The range of EAP life-assistance services may include childcare, elder care, responding to ID theft or other forms of fraud, or other general wellness programs.
- More intensive training on “reflective listening” and “motivational interviewing” may be available to managers to help improve overall workplace well-being.
- Magellan’s Critical Incident Response (CIR) team is a specially trained clinical staff continuously on call. CIR consultants help employees process and manage the emotional and physical effects of a traumatic event in the workplace. After an assessment, a CIR consultant may be deployed to help handle the emergency on-site.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency based in Hackensack (Bergen County) and Lakewood (Ocean County), New Jersey that offers an all-encompassing range of insurance options for both individuals and businesses. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating our knowledge of the insurance guidelines for healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance, self-insurance, dental, disability, and long term care insurance, we keep our clients up-to-date with affordable plans that cover all their specific insurance needs.