When can you go on an individual plan?
You can only go on an individual plan during Open Enrollment, between November 1 – December 15, unless there is a qualifying event. A qualifying event is a change in your situation — like getting married, having a baby, or losing health coverage — that can make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period, allowing you to enroll in health insurance outside the yearly Open Enrollment Period.
1. Your existing coverage is no longer offered by your employer to all employees in a similar classification as you
2. Your insurance is non-renewable since it is no longer offered by your carrier
3. Your Medicaid coverage was terminated
4. You lost your job or are no longer employed with enough hours to receive employee benefits
5. Dead of a fellow employee or policyholder
6. Your moved the region where your existing insurer offers coverage.
7. Coverage for a new family member who was born
8. Marriage, legal separation or divorce
As an independent agency, Cosmo can help you select the best individual health insurance plans in New Jersey or family coverage from a broad range of insurers catering to the individual healthcare coverage market. Cosmo has particular expertise is in the ACA individual marketplace exchanges. Our individual health insurance brokers in New Jersey have the knowledge, personal attention, and honesty, that will help you make an informed choice.