Here are some ways to teach your kids how to eat healthy:
1. Set up a snack and meal schedule: The rule of thumb is three meals a day with two or three snacks in between. Not all children have the same schedule, but it is important to teach your children how to know when they are full and when to stop eating. Some kids will eat to they get sick because they are unaware of how full they are. Scheduling meals and snacks ensures that hunger and appetite are more regular.
2. Introduce you child to food from each food group. Find out what healthy foods they like and incorporate it in their diet.
3. Ensure that your child eats breakfast every day. We all know the saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is certainly true. Breakfast fuels your body for the rest of the day. Kids, especially, need a solid healthy breakfast to fuel their energy all day. Try whole grain cereal with milk or non-dairy milk with some banana and strawberries.
4. Eat as a family. This shows a healthy balance of spending quality time with your family during your hectic days and actually communicating with them.
5. Healthy snacks. Everyone loves snacks. Buy healthy options so your child gets accommodated with healthy food. Buy things like apples and peanut butter, whole grain crackers, and veggies with hummus.
Introducing healthy habits to children early will guarantee that they will practice them throughout their life.
Insurance coverage can be overwhelming – confusing options, endless paperwork and tedious legalities.
Cosmo Insurance Agency makes it easy. Our team has mastered every detail of the insurance process and will walk you through the process to the end, so you can be 100% confident when signing on the dotted line.
Cosmo’s dedicated service doesn’t end with the selection and signing of your policy. Whether its healthcare, life insurance, long term care, vision, dental, or disability, Cosmo Insurance Agency will be there every step of the way. Our staff maintains close contact and is always only a quick phone call away for questions or concerns relating to billing, provider issues, claims or reimbursements and your insurance renewal. Give us a call today!