Dental health is directly connected to your overall health. Researchers are finding more reasons why you should be brushing and flossing regularly. A healthy mouth decreases your risk of getting medical disorders. An unhealthy mouth, especially if you have gum disease, may increase your risk of serious health problems such as heart attack, stroke, poorly controlled diabetes and preterm labor.
Five Ways Your Oral Health Affects Your Overall Health:
1. Those that have diabetes are more likely to have gum disease. It is proven that if you struggle with gum disease, you may have a harder time controlling your blood sugar levels.
2. Routine X-rays taken by your dentist can reveal periodontal bone density and tooth loss, which may be an early indication of osteoporosis.
3. Oral health is connected to your heart health. If your mouth produces an influx of bacteria, it can affect your immune system. The inflammation caused by the bacteria can affect your entire vascular system which can lead to heart disease.
4. White, yellow or brown spots and grooves or pitting on the enamel surfaces of your teeth may indicate intestinal disease.
5. Mouth ulcers are crater-like sores that appear inside the mouth. They are often signs of stress, hormone imbalance, allergies or a nutritional deficiency.
Take advantage of your dental insurance plan and keep up to date on your oral health.
Oral health is an important part of overall wellness. Unfortunately, too many people neglect their oral health due to the high costs of dental plan coverage. A low-cost dental insurance plan can ensure that you and your family maintain optimum oral health at a surprisingly manageable monthly premium. Your personalized family dental coverage plan will be designed specifically to your needs by our dental insurance brokers.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
CONTACT COSMO NOW
GET A GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE