Election day is fast approaching, anxiety can become even more intense, as well as managing other difficult emotions. We understand this is a confusing and scary time for many people. This election is an unprecedented one, especially because of the pandemic. Your mental health, along with your health and safety, are the most important things. Here are some tips to manage your mental health during the election.
- Unplug from news. Stop scrolling through your social media feed and watching the news this can actually drive up your stress level. Inside replace it with something nourishing that you enjoy doing.
- Set boundaries. Consider not engaging in constant conversations with friends, family, and co-workers about the elections.
- Do your research. Make sure that you understand your state and local COVID-19 guidelines for voting. Find out where your local polling place is located, too.
- Practice simple breathing techniques.
- Make sure to go outside for at least 15 minutes a day to get fresh air. But remember to keep at least 6 feet between you and other people at all times.
- Feeling alone! Call or video chat with friends and family, pursue new interest and hobbies.
- Make sure you’re maintaining a schedule and routine.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency based in Hackensack (Bergen County) and Lakewood (Ocean County), New Jersey that offers an all-encompassing range of insurance options for both individuals and businesses. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating our knowledge of the insurance guidelines for healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance, self-insurance, dental, disability, and long term care insurance, we keep our clients up-to-date with affordable plans that cover all their specific insurance needs.