Do you feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day? You might want to slow your pace. When we try to operate at the speed of light, we sometimes make more mistakes and often feel more stressed. Here are some tips to make the most of your time without pushing yourself too hard.
- Log your time. Take some time to track how you spend most of your time. Pay attention to the time spent on social media, watching TV, playing video games, and video chatting. The average Facebook user spends 20 minutes per day browsing their newsfeeds. That can add up. When it comes to work, look at how much of your time is focused on dealing with email vs. getting things done.
- Set limits. When you figure out where you are spending your time, set limits for yourself, use a timer to limit time writing emails or using social.
- Make a list. Find an easy way to set and track goals and tasks and update them every day.
- Practice mindfulness. This can help you become more aware of how you are spending your time. And some research shows mindfulness can extend your perception of time as it passes.
- Learn to say no. This can be really hard for some of us. Many of us want to please our co-workers and not push back on a task. But if a task will overextend you, it’s worth having that conversation with your manager. Same in your personal life, consider your time before committing to projects.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency based in Hackensack (Bergen County) and Lakewood (Ocean County), New Jersey that offers an all-encompassing range of insurance options for both individuals and businesses. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating our knowledge of the insurance guidelines for healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance, self-insurance, dental, disability, and long term care insurance, we keep our clients up-to-date with affordable plans that cover all their specific insurance needs.