Tax season is down to the wire. Here’s how you can get ready if you had Marketplace coverage at any point in 2021.
What to do with Form 1095-A
- Before you do anything, check to make sure it’s correct.
- If you already filed with an incorrect form, you may need to file an amended tax return using the information on your corrected 1095-A.
- You’ll use Form 1095-A to check if there’s any difference between the premium tax credit you used in 2021 and the amount you qualify for.
How to find Form 1095-A online
The Marketplace (not the IRS) mails you Form 1095-A. You can also find it online.
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Under “Your Existing Applications,” select your 2021 application — not your 2022 application.
- Select “Tax Forms” from the menu on the left.
- Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.
Reminder: The 2021 tax filing season ends April 18, 2022.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is a full-service independent insurance agency based in Hackensack (Bergen County) and Lakewood (Ocean County), New Jersey that offers an all-encompassing range of insurance options for both individuals and businesses. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating our knowledge of the insurance guidelines for healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance, self-insurance, dental, disability, and long term care insurance, we keep our clients up-to-date with affordable plans that cover all their specific insurance needs.