Feeding your body the proper foods can help your immune systems stay strong. If you’re looking for way to prevent getting a cold and the flu. Try eating the foods listed below to give your body the immune booster it needs.
- Citrus Fruits: Contain vitamin C which increase the production of white blood cells which is key to fighting infections. grapefruit, organs, tangerines, lemons, limes, and clementine
- Red Bell Pepper: contain twice as much vitamin C as citrus. They’re also a rich source of beta carotene. Besides boosting your immune system, vitamin C may help maintain healthy skin. Beta carotene helps keep your eyes and skin healthy
- Broccoli: Broccoli is supercharged with vitamins and minerals. Packed with vitamins A, C, and E, as well as many other antioxidants and fiber, broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables.
- Garlic: garlic may also help lower blood pressure and slow down hardening of the arteries. Garlic’s immune-boosting properties seem to come from a heavy concentration of sulfur-containing compounds, such as allicin.
- Ginger: Ginger may help decrease inflammation and nausea.
- Spinach: packed with numerous antioxidants, vitamin c and beta carotene, which may increase the infection-fighting ability of our immune systems.
- Yogurt: Look for yogurts that have “live and active cultures” printed on the label, like Greek yogurt. These cultures may stimulate your immune system to help fight diseases. Try to get plain yogurts rather than the kinds that are pre-flavored and loaded with sugar. You can sweeten plain yogurt yourself with healthy fruits instead.
- Almonds: are packed with the vitamin and also have healthy fats
- Green tea: green and black teas are packed with flavonoids, a type of antioxidant. Green tea is also a good source of the amino acid L-theanine and it aid in the production of germ-fighting compounds in your T-cells.
- Papaya: Papayas have decent amounts of potassium, B vitamins, and folate, all of which are beneficial to your overall health.
- Kiwi: full of a ton of essential nutrients, including folate, potassium, vitamin K, and vitamin C. Vitamin C boosts white blood cells to fight infection.
- Poultry: chicken and turkey, is high in vitamin B-6. About 3 ounces of light turkey or chicken meat contains 40 to 50 percent of your daily recommended amount of B-6. Vitamin B-6 is an important player in many of the chemical reactions that happen in the body. It’s also vital to the formation of new and healthy red blood cells.
- Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower seeds are full of nutrients, including phosphorous, magnesium and vitamin B-6. They’re also incredibly high in vitamin E
- Shellfish: Zinc doesn’t get as much attention as many other vitamins and minerals, but our bodies need it so that our immune cells can function as intended. Shellfish that are high in zinc are Crabs, Clams, Lobster and mussels.
It’s important to stay health so your first step should be eating foods that are good for your health. Be sure to schedule an appointment with your medical physician and contact Cosmo Insurance for the health insurance you need. Open Enrollment ends December 15th.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
CONTACT COSMO NOW
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
GET A DENTAL INSURANCE QUOTE